ABOUT THIS BLOG:

Before you read anything in this blog, please be aware that this is a writer's "personal" blog so many elements contained within are not the same opinions of those of any of the companies that the writer is associated with. This blog is simply for entertainment value and allows the writer a venue which is free from censorship.

CITY GARDEN - "The Old Woman & The Park"

CITY GARDEN - "The Old Woman & The Park"

On the set of the short film "A Gift"

On the set of the short film "A Gift"

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Back 2 Basics"

No longer involved with my former girlfriend. It didn’t take long as I had anticipated and if you read my former blog about her then you would have probably thought that “maybe” I had hopes it would be different this time.
Nope. Fate has other plans for me and the rest of my life, so, my former girlfriend and I are no more and now I can get back to basics and continue upon my own life’s direction without all the added baggage that came with that relationship.
But isn’t there baggage that comes with any relationship?
My former girlfriend had lots of “baggage” as in regards to a former marriage that had kids, a “legal” marriage that she couldn’t afford to get out of as of right now, lack of a good job, smart children with an attitude, and a multitude of other “baggage” that she could not simply leave at the baggage claim of the airport.
Let me just say that I never expected her to leave her baggage at the baggage claim and as many people have attested to my personality, I have a knack of turning a bad situation into a good one regardless of the hurtles and problems that may arise.
I’ve just come to the conclusion that this same quality is not present in all other people. So, it’s a good thing that my former girlfriend and I broke up. I just would’ve have liked to have been told this by her.
I’m not bitter mind you. It’s something I’ve come to expect considering that she did the same thing ten years ago when we were first dating. A leopard never changes its spots and neither do some people it seems, which is why I’m still surprised we went as far and as long as we did.
Now I’m back to basics and trying new things and new people.
First off, I’m going to get a lot of work done and caught up as being at the mercy of a relationship has taken its toll on my career. I didn’t mind at first but when you break off a relationship that you think might go some where and then you look back at all the sacrifices that were made in the name of that relationship and realize that they were done in vain then you realize that you have a lot of catching up to do and that’s what I’m doing now – catching up and I’m not going to let another person stand in my way again.
I’m not bitter, mind you, although it might seem that maybe I have a little bit of spite in me but it’s like anything you try and put all your blood and tears in and then you have nothing to show for it at the other end. That is how I feel about my former relationship now that I’ve had time to reflect back upon it. I’ve come out of the relationship the same as when I entered it and now I feel as though it was all a big waste of time.
Maybe it wasn’t a big waste of time. Many events and occurrences in one’s life seem to be meaningless and pointless (as this one seems to me) until long in the future we’ve had time to reflect. I’ve reflected and it’s still just meaningless. Good thing I’m going back to the basics then because the last six months (the length of which the relationship lasted) will have all but been a dream to me.

No comments: