ABOUT THIS BLOG:

Before you read anything in this blog, please be aware that this is a writer's "personal" blog so many elements contained within are not the same opinions of those of any of the companies that the writer is associated with. This blog is simply for entertainment value and allows the writer a venue which is free from censorship.

CITY GARDEN - "The Old Woman & The Park"

CITY GARDEN - "The Old Woman & The Park"

On the set of the short film "A Gift"

On the set of the short film "A Gift"

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Music Video Madness!

So, principal photography on the Chris DeMarco music video “I’m Calling You” is complete. Other than a few cut-away and establishing shots the video is done but now we get into the hard part of filmmaking which is post-production and boy am I glad that most of it will be handled by someone else.

Although I started off being primarily the technical producer and director of photography it soon became clear that I would also be the cinematographer as well being that my original cameraman Mui was unable to be at any of the shoots other than the first one. I ended up filming everything on all the other days (other than a few shots on the second day in which Sammander took over so that I could do some special light cues for the video.

I’m not even getting paid on this production yet I’ve put more work into this production then I have any of my own productions. We filmed at Gwinnett Convention Center and at Theatre in the Square, both made possible by me on a production I don’t believe in nevertheless I will not sacrifice the quality of the production.

I’m not a music video person, in fact, I don’t think there’s been a good music video since MC Hammer and Michael Jackson were both popular and the top of their game. Now, music videos are bland and uninteresting. And therefore Sammander was in charge of all the important details in regards to the client and other “music video” items.
It’s all over now and that is music to my ears. Now I have to give up creative control to McLellen as the editor and Sammander as the producer/director while I try to continue on everything SHIVER as we try to go into production on that this summer.

No comments: