ABOUT THIS BLOG:

Before you read anything in this blog, please be aware that this is a writer's "personal" blog so many elements contained within are not the same opinions of those of any of the companies that the writer is associated with. This blog is simply for entertainment value and allows the writer a venue which is free from censorship.

CITY GARDEN - "The Old Woman & The Park"

CITY GARDEN - "The Old Woman & The Park"

On the set of the short film "A Gift"

On the set of the short film "A Gift"

Saturday, March 1, 2008

"Dreamland"

I dream, like many other people dream, that one day I’ll have the beautiful wife with the 1.5 children and a good job in which I can support that wife and 1.5 child. I dream of having a dog and a cat or bird or some other such type of pet. I dream of having the perfect neighbors of which I can call upon when it is needed, kind of like those people on Wysteria Lane in that show DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.

I dream but then every morning I wake up…the dream disappears as if it was never there as if I was left with a funny kind of after taste. One of my favorite stories is ALICE IN WONDERLAND because Alice gets to travel to another land…a dream land in which she has a grand adventure in which it is both exciting and dangerous yet I always know that she will return home at the end. This is the same formula as that in THE WIZARD OF OZ yet that film never had an affect on me (maybe it was because of all the damn singing).

Still…I dream of the wife, maybe, and the one point five children, possibly…but then I realize its all a dream and I have to wake up.

I wake up to the back taxes. The shoddy one room that I rent. The shitty job. No wife (and therefore no children)…and frankly, I’m not sure if it isn’t a nightmare that I’m not in. Maybe I am in Dreamland, just not the one that I thought that it would be.

We all have dreams and aspirations. We all have an ideal of where we would like our lives to be and where they would go yet sometimes we realize that that and reality never see eye to eye.

I’d like to visit the Dreamland of my dreams, but if I were to go there I can’t promise that I’d ever come back. I still dream of the wife and children (although I believe the 1.5 is a little unapproachable) and of the job in which I don’t curse every day that I’m there.
Then again I just dream of the day in which I can find someone that will go to Dreamland with me and it be more a reality then an actual dream. Now that would be a Dreamland I’d like to visit.

No comments: