ABOUT THIS BLOG:

Before you read anything in this blog, please be aware that this is a writer's "personal" blog so many elements contained within are not the same opinions of those of any of the companies that the writer is associated with. This blog is simply for entertainment value and allows the writer a venue which is free from censorship.

CITY GARDEN - "The Old Woman & The Park"

CITY GARDEN - "The Old Woman & The Park"

On the set of the short film "A Gift"

On the set of the short film "A Gift"

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

THE GAITHER'S PLANTATION Pt. 3

That night of our most recent visit to the alledged haunted Gaither's Plantation did not, for me at least, seem to yield anything worth a damn but then again maybe I was just looking in the wrong place. As I've said before lead investigator Bob Hunnicutt and producer/director Ron McLellen were on location at the church while guest investigator David Vinson was in the slave quarters. Our production team of Vernon Mui and his friend Justin in addition to Charles (who was a friend of Georgia Ghost Society member Drew Hester) were also present.

Mui is a budding young filmmaker with an interest and curiosity in the paranormal. On the previous investigation at this location he engaged in his own private session with our guest psychic investigator to no avail so he was determined to try his luck once more in this house by use of an EVP session. If you are familiar with an EVP session then you know it is meant to be a way in which paranormal investigators try to illicit a response from ghostly spirits within an isolated room or domain. Since EVPs are electronic voice phenomena you are unable to hear the responses of ghostly spirits during the actual session; you must replay the session through your voice recorder or video camera in order to hear what a possible ghostly spirit is saying or would have said. It's a very shaky way in which to try to prove the existence of the paranormal (which is why it is not accepted in many corners) but it is a curiosity that begs to be investigated.

After I had my isolated session in Cecelia's room Mui wanted to conduct an actual EVP session in this very room. There was Mui and Justin and myself although point of fact I was nothing but an empty vessel and/or observer while they proceeded to ask the questions. We closed the door and turned off the lights and sat in total silence for a long spell before one of them decided to ask the "room" questions. The questions were very predictable at first which is to be expected by two people who had never been privy to an EVP session but were rather going off instinct with what they had seen on television. I, on the other hand, paid little attention to thing as I closed my eyes and sat back in one of the benches in the room.

The session lasted almost an hour and I recall absolutely nothing of what happened. This is not because I wasn't interested in the whole thing but rather my mind was fixated on the fact that my uncle had just died a day prior and I was trying to recall all the memories of him locked within my head.

What I do know is that Mui and Justin had now had a partial taste of what it was like to be a paranormal investigator but they soon wanted a full course meal.

We all went down stairs where Hester and his friend Charles made their presence known. The house now had actual bodies within it so it no longer seemed like a cold and lonely place (which is how I picture plantations in which slaves were used as manual labor). Although this hinted at the end of the evening, it would only be the start of Mui's investigations for the night in which I would find myself even more enraptured.

To Be Continued...

No comments: