ABOUT THIS BLOG:

Before you read anything in this blog, please be aware that this is a writer's "personal" blog so many elements contained within are not the same opinions of those of any of the companies that the writer is associated with. This blog is simply for entertainment value and allows the writer a venue which is free from censorship.

CITY GARDEN - "The Old Woman & The Park"

CITY GARDEN - "The Old Woman & The Park"

On the set of the short film "A Gift"

On the set of the short film "A Gift"

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

THE GAITHER'S PLANTATION Pt. 2

In the upstairs bedroom of Cecilia Gaither I decided to see if I could illicit my own paranormal experience.

At the time Ron McLellen and Bob Hunnicutt were at the church continuing that investigation or conducting interviews that coincide with the night's proceedings while David Vinson was at the slave quarters experiencing his own personal enlightenment in the haunted attic. That left the house empty except for me and our production assistants Vernon Mui and his friend Justin. While Mui and Justin were downstairs I walked upstairs to Cecilia's room.

Now this isn't first time I've been up in this room as it was one of the key locations for our previous investigations of which I participated (I was the camera op for that investigation with an IR camera). This time I decided to lie back on Cecilia's bed and stare into the darkness of the room. The room was extremely dark as it had no working overhead lighting. The only lighting that illuminated the room came from the moonlight streaming through the windows and the headlights of a passing car (fellow GGS investigator Drew eventually arrived with his assistant Charles).

I laid back upon the soft bed and all I could think about was the death of my uncle which I had only been told about a day earlier. I couldn't think of the paranormal investigation nor any other aspect of what I was physically there at the location to do. My mind was in a land-lock. As I lay back on the bed allowing the thoughts to stream through my consciousness I eventually realized that my thoughts began to manifest themselves out loud until they were no longer just thoughts but a conversation with Cecilia herself. As if her spirit was actually in the room I began to foretell all my personal thoughts about the paranormal, ghosts, death, and my uncle. She was my psychiatrist as feelings and thoughts that I've never told anyone else began to ooze out of me like the simplest of exercises.

I sat up in that room talking to Cecilia for a good hour and a half, if not more, before someone realized I had even disappeared. By the time I was done speaking with Cecilia my consciousness was calm were once it was a volcano about to erupt. Now I have no accertions that Cecilia was actually in the room hearing me although it is a confront to think that maybe she was. I don't believe that anyone or anything was actually in the room but for that moment in my life I wanted to believe that maybe there is another life out there just on the cuspe of our own. That maybe there was someone or something in that room with me.

Never on any of these investigations have I ever wanted to believe in what we were filming. I've been on several of these investigations with two separate groups and not once have I seen or experienced anything that would give me the inclination that there is an alternate or afterlife beyond our own. It is easier for me to believe that we are not the only intelligent species in the universe and that there may be EBEs, extra-terrestrials, or aliens, then it is for me to believe that ghosts inhabit and roam the Earth after death.

That night I not only settled several personal issues that was plaguing me but I also had an alternative experience that as of right now I cannot explain. Upon breaking from my personal experience in Cecilia's bedroom I was more open to the possibilities present out in the world. So, I became more involved with the production and what better way to open up to this production then to volunteer for some seperate investigations.

While McLellen, Hunnicutt, and Vinson were off in their own little world, Mui and his friend Justin and myself decided to do couple EVP sessions. This is an area of the paranormal that Mui has found himself very interested in and he invited me to conduct one in Cecilia's room - one of the most haunted of the location's of the Gaither's Plantation.

Everything was about to change...

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments: