ABOUT THIS BLOG:

Before you read anything in this blog, please be aware that this is a writer's "personal" blog so many elements contained within are not the same opinions of those of any of the companies that the writer is associated with. This blog is simply for entertainment value and allows the writer a venue which is free from censorship.

CITY GARDEN - "The Old Woman & The Park"

CITY GARDEN - "The Old Woman & The Park"

On the set of the short film "A Gift"

On the set of the short film "A Gift"

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Film Review: TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN


Let me just first say that the first Transformers I cared nothing for. It was a film with great special effects and action scenes but that was about it. It had stupid child humor and some of the most ridiculous comedic films of any Michael Bay film and I’ve seen all of his films. This being sad, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is better, but still not a very good film.


I could try to explain the story and plot of the film but why bother, no one cares about that any ways. They only care about the action, which I must say is a vast improvement over the previous film. I found myself engaged in the action scenes of the film. The battle scenes were slowed down and I could actually see what was going on (I’m not one of those action film junkies that need a cut or a close up every 2 seconds). The other thing is that the main Autobot Optimus Prime actually had a story behind him (even though none of the other transformers I could care less about).


Director Bay obviously thought hard about what was needed to improve the franchise as this is by far a better film then the first (despite the over convoluted background story) and the few problems I have with this film (mainly that the transformers are still nothing more then background fodder for Shia LeBeouf’s Sam character when the film is called “Transformers” and not “Sam Witwicky & The Transformers.” I’m nitpicking here as I am a fan of the ‘80s cartoon rather then any of the modern cartoon series of which these films are modeled after, so, I can’t complain too much.


Another great thing about the film is that the special effects have come a long way since the first film as the transformations are more defined and interesting to watch whereas in the previous film they came off as a blur many times. With the rate at which Bay is improving the ways in which these films are made by the next film I should actually be able to say that I like the film.

No comments: